Monday 15 April 2013

Guest Post: Cat Eye Glasses (buyin' & stylin')

Hi, I’m Amy! 

I’m a personal life and style blogger by pure hobby (find me at A. Loo's Closet). I dress with a retro/vintage vibe, blog photos of my daily outfits, and write about random happenings in my life. I’ve been married for 5 years to my husband, Josh, and together, we have two darling, little girls, Emeline (3 years) and Odette (18 months). 
Psst. See that skirt I’m wearing? I made it using one of Annika’s DIY tutorials. Can I get a what-what? 

A few days ago, Annika and I were chatting via email about what I could write about for her lovely, little blog, and she mentioned my collection of eyeglasses and sunglasses. She said -- and I quote -- “your glasses collection is so enviable!” So, per dear Annika’s enthusiasm towards my glasses, let’s talk about glasses! 

Here are a few shots of my current collection:

One | Two (I have Brown) | Three (I got these from ASOS a while ago, but I’ve linked to a very similar pair from eBay) | Four | Five (I have Tortoise) | Six

I’ll admit it. I’m a fraud when it comes to eyeglasses. I’m a girl who’s blessed with good vision, and while I’m not complaining about that in the least, I do have a ridiculous soft spot for a great pair of retro eyeglasses. So, I purchase plastic, clear-lensed pairs from eBay in order to achieve my vintage, smarty-pants look. Anyone else sound like me? For those of you who do, know that you can achieve the look! And very inexpensively, too! We’re talking under $10.00 including shipping, folks. Win-win. 

eBay is my go-to for sunglasses and fake eyeglasses. As a mom to two little girly-girls, I just can’t afford a super-expensive pair of glasses. I don’t want to. One: because we’ve got important family stuff to provide with that kind of money; and two: my girls like to try on my glasses from time to time, and though they do have little hands, they can be unintentionally destructive, and I’d have a stroke if they accidentally broke a pair of glasses I’d paid a pretty penny for. On eBay, I get a quality product for a small price, and if my glasses accidentally get broken or lost or stepped on, I don’t risk brain damage. Personally, I’ve had excellent service from ebay sellers monovoltz, deadstocksunglasses and ejey.

Okay, now that you’ve seen my collection, you want to see my wishlist, right? Of course, you do! Pictured below are a few pairs that are on my wishlist. I so plan on owning these babies soon.
One - Two - Three - Four - Five 

Gorgeous, aren’t they? If any of y’all are looking for a great pair of fake eyeglasses or sunglasses, browse around on eBay! I guarantee you’ll find something you’ll like!

A huge thanks to Annika for allowing me a small piece of her beautiful blog. She was one of the very first style bloggers I connected with when I started out a few months ago, and she remains one of my very favorites. Good luck with your move, dear Annika!





3 comments:

  1. I love this vintage sunnies!

    xx
    tali
    nuasecruasblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny I started following her blog because I really loved her eyewear!! Thanks for sharing, I've been looking for heart shaped and round sunnies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooo nice collection of sunglasses. I like heart shape sunglasses which are very funny. Like to buy that heart shape glasses but i used Tom Ford glasses brand so............

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails