Monday 25 February 2013

Japan-France in Umeda / Living on Mars

Remember my post about the Japan-France aesthetic? Well, we found another place where they really go for that look. Oh boy, did they go for that look here. I decided to pose out the front of a fancy restaurant called "Le Petit Jordin" because of its quintessential Japan-France décor.
wearing
blouse - c/o Efoxcity
shorts - present from my Mum
suspenders - Vintage from Kilostore (Osaka)
socks - Vintage
shoes - Rubi shoes
necklace - Claire's (Osaka)
headband - Thank You Mart

Who wants to go to Mars with me? We leave in 10 years, so you'd better get started on training. Oh, one more thing, we can't come back to Earth, so we have to live on Mars forever. Is that cool?

So has anybody else heard of the Mars One project? Its aim is a little bit ambitious: to set up the first permanent human colony on Mars. In 2023, it wants to send four astronauts on a one-way trip to live in these portaloo-like-structures:
image from here
Starting this year, Mars One plans to find the most suitable astronauts possible. Anyone can apply if they meet basic requirements. A rigorous selection process and reality TV show (yeah. seriously.) will select the final teams of astronauts. They will be trained for 8 years before heading off to Mars in April, 2023. Supplies will be sent out to Mars first, and robots will build the settlement, before any humans arrive on the surface of the planet.

Another amazing thing about this project, I think, is that everyone isn't even calling it a totally far-fetched, crazy idea. Privatised space-exploration seems to be the go for the next few decades at least, and people have a lot of hope for it after the success of SpaceX (who is owned by the guy who created Paypal). And it really does seem like they have the technology to pull it off. I've got my fingers crossed that this will actually happen, because it's really, really very exciting!

And I don't know about you guys, but I feel like I'm living in sci-fi future world looking at the SpaceX and Mars One websites O_o

So would you guys go on a one-way trip to Mars?

16 comments:

  1. This is such a cute outfit!!! I love it!
    And thats super interesting about living on Mars permanently... but I don't think id be one of those volunteers. I don't think you would be able to do very much on Mars at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, Mars One, pretty wild. I hope it works, that'd be a big step. Almost think it's odd no one shot for lunar habitation first. Also, your bowtie is awesome. Mars One, over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of the Mars One project and I think it's so cool! Though I'm pretty positive I want to stay on Earth, I can't wait to see what will happen!
    Also, you look adorable with your suspenders and amazing plaid hair bow. Your heart print top is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Another cute outfit<3333 the restaurant's decor is really pretty *_* dying quite a bit to see how it looks like on the inside...
    I think I'll pass with living on Mars because it has no internet hahaha the technology has been developing really fast past few years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell no! I wouldn't stray outside of the Earth. Call me unadventurous but I'd like to explore another continent before I think about another planet :P

    http://gingerchestnut.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nah Nah! I cannot take my iguana to Mars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whаt's up, yeah this article is genuinely nice and I have learned lot of things from it on the topic of blogging. thanks. Click On this website
    my web page :: Click On this website

    ReplyDelete
  8. what? MARS!? what? wow! I miss all the frenchy japanese things- esp the pastries. holy moly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your look is so cute!!
    http://inyasuniverse.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Japan france looks and sounds amazing, what a cute little restaurant! That bow is perfect and loving the heart print and kitty necklace! I can't believe the mars thing, thats crazy!
    Hope you're having a great start to your week!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute outfit! I don't think I would like to live on Mars hihi!!
    Hope you have a nice day! xo

    thecleverfoxblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll go to Mars with you! Let's do it!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute outfit, that necklace is lovely :) So fasinated about the trip to Mars...though I don't personally fancy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your outfit so much.. WHY YOU ARE SO CUTE ANNIKA? omfg haha

    nasty-lady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so exciting to think of the future ahead of us! With the world's rapidly developing technology, it's really neat to think that space travel could even be a thing normal people do within our lifetimes!
    Although, I'm totally scared to fly on a plane, so I probably won't be the first volunteer!
    I love your suspenders and, dare I say, jaunty bow!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails