Wednesday 6 June 2012

Handmade Blouse - More Photos, Styled Differently


Here's some more photos of my handmade blouse, styled a bit differently with high waisted black shorts and a ribbon bow attached to the blouse.




I didn't talk much about making the blouse in my last post, and heaps of you asked how I made it, so I will real briefly now. I used a really simple pattern, and hence the blouse is quite an "oversized" style (ie I couldn't be bothered to add any buttons, zippers etc and I actually wanted to have to ability to get it on and off without dislocating my shoulders).



This is the basic pattern I used (cut this shape out of fabric twice, sew it together right sides facing each other - except for the arm and neck holes of course - and then add interfacing on the neck, hem the arm holes and add a collar), and when I have more time (my Uni holidays will be coming up in about 3 weeks!) I will endeavour to do a full DIY on it for you all.
The collar bit looks really dodgy in the above photo, I just needed to fix it by ironing it properly though.

Wearing:
Blouse - DIY
Ribbon - DIY
Shorts - ??? (Cotton On?)
Tights - Forever 21
Shoes - Rubi Shoes
Hat - c/o Wholesaledress
Bag - c/o Wholesaledress

Much love, all!

xxx Annika

15 comments:

  1. Such a talent. You should sell your stuff on etsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mayyyybe when I get a little better at sewing I will. The insides of these things look pretty awful, haha. I don't bother making them all pretty on the inside yet, because I'm the only one who'll see that... but I'll have to learn to!

      Delete
  2. Adorable! The bow + high waisted shorts are perfect with the blouse. Love it :)
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hat! I plan on ordering one just like it.
    But, I noticed it's from Wholesale-Dress and they have a ton of bad reviews. I know they sponsor you but I was wondering if you had any bad experiences with their customer service. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bit hard to communicate with if you get into any difficulty because they have a little bit of trouble with english, BUT they do respond really quickly, the customer service used to be quite bad but it has definitely gotten better, and the same goes for the quality of the clothes. They do ship really fast as well and so there are usually never any problems or need to have to talk to them. The only time you might need to talk to them is when things go out of stock and they can't send them to you. I've usually had good experiences with them, especially with bags, tights, hats and shoes (they've never been weird, whereas one or two dresses and blouses turned up a bit odd or the wrong size). Sooo... I guess you just have to make your own decisions off that :) This hat though, was really, really good quality for the price so I'd definitely recommend it.

      Delete
  4. You look adorable as always! You make sewing sound so easy! "Oh yeah whatever I just made some shapes and cranked out this amazing blouse." You got talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. oh dear! It wasn't that easy, I didn't mean to sound like that! I just meant that I was explaining it really quickly now because I don't have time to go into a full DIY, haha. But thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Oh I liked the blouse before, now I love it!! Its fab with the shorts!! I wear shorts all the time with tights and never thought about white or cream tights, what a great idea :) I love this look.

    And you do make sewing sound easy, the blouse is a great result! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you make the cutest things! i love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style its cute adorable and sweet, you are also beautiful and awfully lovely for sharing your diys with your readers.
    And you being an Australian blogger is the icing on top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are super talented, I love what you make! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your complete outfit....... the tights, and your lovely legs top it off........
    I've been in ballet for 19 years, and you have beautiful legs........
    Jayme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Hmm.. that might be my 10 years of ballet showing through, haha.

      Delete
  10. Oh i love this top with the shorts...perhaps even more than the skirt, it looks great!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a super cute blouse, I may have to give thi a whirl myself

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails