Sunday 13 May 2012

DIY Dress - Orange Stripes & Paisley Print




Hello there! I am going dress-making crazy. Once I found these two amazing incredible fabrics whilst thrifting the other day, I knew they were meant for each other. So I made a dress out of them!

Here they are in closer detail. Such pretty fabrics!!

Wearing:
Dress - I made it!
Belt - Vintage
Bag - Vintage
Hat - c/o Wholesaledress
Bowtie - I made it
Socks - c/o Shop With Romi
Shoes - Rubi Shoes

I'm also going to give a sneaky shout-out to my mum, because it's mothers day today! My mum is an amazing woman, she is my thrifting partner-in-crime with a spectacular sense of style (I'm seriously going to have to take a picture of her for my blog one day, and then you can all see where I get my sense of style from), and is probably the most kind and compassionate person I've ever come across. And I know she reads my blog ;) Happy mother's day, mum!

I hope you're all having a super nice day (especially if you're a mum)!

xxx Annika

19 comments:

  1. Oh my, those fabrics go along so perfectly! I absolutely love your new dress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is amazing! I love it^^

    qlczyk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. dress-making crazy is gooood! love it! hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dress! :D so pretty and i love the details! :D

    http://thedawngoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my i simply adore the green fabric. Excellent job you did with ths dress. Really really pretty :)

    Hugs,
    E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those fabrics are astounding together! you continue to inspire me! unfortunately, no time for sewing right now for me. and what lovely socks I see peeking out of your lovely shoes!

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it!
    perfect combination!


    // take a look: *MICROPHONEHEART.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the mix of colours and patterns they work incredibly well together...it's a look that only you could work!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww I love love love all your diy outfits! You should do a diy on how to make the shirt portion, because I have yet to master it (I always get my own measurements off for some reason). Anyways, you're super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how full the skirt is! It's so pretty and cute. (:

    Giveaway @ my blog! (:

    onceuponasprinkle.blogspot.com/2012/05/mochi-beaucoup-iphone-case-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute outfit! I can't believe you made the dress, gorgeous! So glad I found your blog :) new follower here x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! You need to make me some clothes! :P <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. this outfit is just too precious. love it. you look darling.

    <3 rae

    http://www.loveforschoolgirl.net/

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cute love the paisley!
    heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These colours are so lovely together! I am envious of your sewing skills - you're amazing! I want all skirts to be full and poofy! (Well, that's not true, but your amazing flippy skirts make me feel that way.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh heh, i do, i think full circle skirts are so amazing, probably why I continually keep making them, haha x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails